Tuesday 3 May 2022

Work Smart Not Hard


Hi everyone! Shannon here, I am just over the halfway point of my work experience and feeling great.


Even though it has only been a few weeks since my first blog entry, I personally feel like I have had a lot of growth over this period.


When you enter any job, the first few weeks are spent trying to find your feet. I was trying to remember exactly what I was thought to do and when it needed to be done. Whereas now, I am after finding my own flow and system in which I do things. 


Once an understanding is developed into the daily operations of the business, then you can allow yourself to critically evaluate exactly what you have been doing and reflect on how it can be improved in terms, for example in terms of efficiency. Work smart not hard. 


The first few weeks I had to deal with a high volume of work since there is  3-5 bakers on site at any time. I felt as if I didn’t have a second to spare and exhausted at the end of every shift. This is the difficult part of a new job, especially one you do not have previous experience in professionally, you are just trying to grasp what needs to be done. After I grasped what needs to be done, I was able to implement systems and techniques to save on time and energy yielding a cleaner looking end product and less product waste.


Thankfully now that I have gained a deeper knowledge and understanding into the daily operations of the bakery, I can really start to immerse myself in the experience and further develop my skills and knowledge.


I am looking forward to what lies ahead in the next few weeks with more responsibilities and opportunities to learn.


Below are some pictures of what I have been up to over the last few weeks. I can definitely see my work improving. 


That’s all for now,

Shannon :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment