Thursday 26 May 2022

Grand central 3


 Hello everyone, Faith here again for the final time. 

Since the last blog post we have had the Taoiseach Micheal Martin and Minister of foreign affairs Simon Coveney at the hotel for meetings, to which everyone was coming up to tell they were here. We have gotten two new chefs joined the team, one of which is our new executive sous chef. There is exciting times ahead with Damien starting to change the direction of the a la carta menu and with the extra help we can start to implement this direction, all I need now is for another pastry chef to join. Further in the pastry department we have had to come up with a new afternoon tea menu to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee and have begun to batch make the items such as the lilac earl grey macaroons.





I would highly recommend coming to the Grand Central for industrial placement. Not only is having a free five star accommodation right in the city central amazing but the hotel is a great place to work. They believe in your ability and allow you to come up with your own ideas for specials, if you feel like things aren't working efficiently you can implement changes to make your life better. Everyone here is very helpful and its a great team to be apart of. There are tough times where there is a lot to do with little time, it is then a matter of just stepping back looking at the list and organise it due to importance .It has taught me to tell people no when they are being unreasonable and expecting me to preform miracles, I would just have to remind people that there is only two people in pastry and some days only one of us.

Other than the few negatives which there will all was be ,I have been enjoying my time here so much that I have decided to stay on at the hotel for the summer. Now I can look forward to spending time in Belfast during the summer and see where the direction of the hotel will go.

If you have any further questions don't be afraid to contact me.

That's all for me, bye.






No comments:

Post a Comment