Monday 6 December 2021

Final Memories of Coleraine

 

                                                     Final Memories of Coleraine



Hi there, its April again here from Coleraine, its nearly Christmas time and the lights are on and shining brightly. All the trees are decorated, and the Christmas jumpers are out. The town of Coleraine is filling up with people shopping and getting ready for Christmas. Living in Coleraine during Christmas time is magical especially being able to experience it with my friends.

Every second Saturday there is a Causeway Specialty Market which was established in 2006, and operates on the second Saturday of every month, with several extra markets throughout the year, in the events space at Coleraine Town Hall in the heart of the town. The Market operates from 9am to 4pm and can accommodate 52 traders of which 36 are permanent stall holders. One of the several extra markets is the Christmas market, which                                                                 is taking place in Portrush, and I look forward to going.

There is also Christmas events and markets in Belfast throughout the month of December, where I have enjoyed eating new food, tasting new drinks, and watching personalized wood carvings. The picture of this chopping board was handmade, and the owner said that she gets the wood from her brother in Whales. It was the personal touch and the creativity that made me buy this chopping board and plus it will make a great souvenir.





I last finished up on briefly explaining about my product development module. As a group we were asked to create and produce a plant-based product for children using some waste products. The waste products that we had to work from were aquafaba, oat flour, apple pulp. Our first idea was to make an apple flavoured yoghurt pop or an apple flavoured marshmallow, but that had recently changed. We came into some difficulties with both and decided to lean away from the marshmallows and instead we came up with a new product. That new product is a plant-based chocolate pancake shaped into a llama and is served with a strawberry and chocolate dipping sauce. We name our product Llama and friends.

Finally, I want to finish up by telling you that Coleraine University has made many opportunities real for me, for example I got to work with a ready meal company “Chef in A Box” which was a great experience which now I can put on my CV. There are no words on how to describe how nice my lecturers were, they went up and behove to make sure that we had everything. One of our lecturers even sent myself and my friends out for dinner. Overall, I rate my experience 10/10.

                             

No comments:

Post a Comment