Sunday 8 September 2019

Half way there!

Hello everyone, Shannon here.

The time is flying by so quickly up here, I'm half way through my work placement semester in Belfast. It has been quite a journey so far, to say the least. The Cultra Inn is a very busy spot on the grounds of the Culloden Hotel. When I first started, it wasn't that busy here as schools were still on and there weren't many holidays. Since then, there has been some mid-terms so things have picked up a lot. The number of guests we serve on a daily basis vary, the weekends are very busy but the odd time the mid week days can be busy also.

I've spent most of my time on starters and desserts, running the section on my own at this stage. It has been a struggle at times, but that comes with working in a kitchen. The menu is the same as when I started but it gives me room to play around and work on my plating.













The social aspect of my time up here has certainly grown. I have made a lot more friends and have been trying to go out and experience the nightlife in Belfast more but also trying more restaurants.


There is such a wide variety of places to eat and drink in Belfast. My favorite so far has to be a karaoke bar called Tutti Frutti's. The food there is amazing and the cocktails are very good too! I would definitely recommend taking a trip to here as it was very enjoyable for me! Ideal for a group to attend.


That's all from me at the moment, I look forward to filling you in on the last half of my placement here very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment