Tuesday 14 June 2022

Saying Goodbye to Elephant Rock🐘

Now I am finally at the finishing hurdle of my placement, it feels like this semester has gone so fast. It only feels like yesterday I was packing to head back up north after Christmas to start work.
I have learned so much while working for the restaurant and have had the best fun. One token that I will carry in the future is to not take work too seriously as everyone makes mistakes, and try not to take criticism too personally as practice makes perfect.
I have also learned that you can also have fun and crack jokes while doing the work at hand and your work environment does not have to be too serious all the time. It builds up a good report with other staff within the kitchen and I can say I have made friends for life from my placement.
Since I last wrote the new menu us now fully operational. I am very happy with the sweets we now have on board as it allows me alot more creative freedom and I get to use my own recipes, which is always a win. One of the best days I've had in work was when all the lads that were in that day came together and we had a full on pastry experiment day as it was quiet and all the a la carte prep was done.
I have so many positives from my experience at Elephant Rock, as I got to see how every individual section of the business is run and having the experience in working in top level fine dining pastry. I have also loved my Overall experience in Northern Ireland, so much so that I have decided to stay up here for the summer and to come back after 4th year to attend Ulster Uni again and complete my masters.
All the best,
Eimear

No comments:

Post a Comment