Monday 13 June 2022

bye bye Canada !!!

 Hi all, lee- Ann here

 

I’m writing this a few weeks after leaving Toronto. What an experience I had, and I will be forever grateful for having the opportunity to go to Canada for college. As I said in my last blog, it was a busy few weeks of activities that I wanted to do before I went home. I went to Montreal for four days which was a beautiful old city in Canada. Myself and a few friends rented a car which was a fun car ride for eight hours. On our way back, we went to the Parc omega which is a big national park and I finally got to see a moose which I was waiting to see since I came here.



I tried to see all the popular places in Toronto like the zoo, royal Ontario museum, casa Loma, Ripley aquarium, Niagara Falls and Toronto island. Every weekend was busy and exciting we wanted to see everything. Toronto is such a big city I didn’t even see half of it, but I will be back one day.

 


The lectures in college were very impressed with myself, Sam and David and they did offer us jobs for summer if we wanted to stay longer. I would recommend this college if you wanted a break from a lot of college work as we had a lot of time to enjoy yourselves as you can see!!! The food culture in Toronto was unreal, when I was in downtown I would always try a nice place to eat as there is so many good restaurants, I don’t know how there isn’t any Michelin stars yet in Canada.  

The advice I would give students coming out to Canada is save as much you can as it cost me altogether 10,000 for 4 months that I was there. I enjoyed myself to the last and I did go on two vacations while I was here in Canada. Travel as much as you can when in Canada as America and Mexico are so close and fights are cheap. I would live off campus as the room and food on campus are not great and it was a lot of money for basic things. Sam was lucky to find an Air B&B before coming to Canada and it was cheaper and cleaner and less noisy as the student accommodation is so loud at 1-5 am in morning.

I was so lucky to have David and Sam with me in Toronto. It really made my time here more enjoyable as we got on great and the friendships that we made over there we made friends for life 


No comments:

Post a Comment