Wednesday 15 June 2022

Good bye PGA Catalunya!

 Hi Guys, It's Semeehat here again.

Today I am writing this blog post in sad but positive spirits. Does not make sense? yes, I know.

I am finishing my internship at hotel Camiral, and can I say, what an experience!

I am really sad to leave the 1477 family but I have learned so much that it makes me feel positive for the future. I have achieved my goals in terms of what I came to do. That was...

1. To learn more about myself and the direction of my career 

2. To Learn more about pastry and develop new skills

3. To make new friends 

4. To have lots of fun

and Last 

5. To enjoy the whole experience and let me say I crossed everything off.

I am so grateful to have been given this opportunity and Pga will forever hold a place in my heart.

I learned a lot about myself and a lot about the career I am currently in. I made new amazing friends that helped me through a lot of hardship. I cried and I laughed. I had good days and there were bad days but it is an experience that I will never live to regret. 

Something to take back to Ireland with me would be that working at the restaurant helped me gain a lot of confidence. This is a result of the fact that I frequently had to stay alone. I was given the responsibility of overseeing minor events. This gave me a lot more confidence, which I believe I was seriously missing before. I came to understand that although I might not be as knowledgeable as others, everyone is traveling on their own road and has unique skills and weaknesses. I wasn't really sure where I stood in the realm of cuisine before this experience because everyone has their loves and dislikes. I could sit down after my placement and admit to myself that I do enjoy baking. 

My willpower definitely increased during my placement, I'd think. It became addictive for me to put in a lot of effort and smile when my tasks were completed. With this attitude, the day flew by because I was prepared for every day. The internship never once seemed to linger on my part. I never once looked forward to my internship coming to an end. I was inspired to persevere till the very finish even on the difficult days.

Well, guys, this is it, this is the end.

Thank you for coming on this amazing journey with me. 

Take care,

Semeehat over and out xx

















No comments:

Post a Comment