Friday 19 May 2023

Enjoying Toronto!

 As my journey as an exchange student at Humber College in Toronto began, I was excited to explore a new culture, meet new people, and gain culinary knowledge from some of the best chefs in Canada. Humber College is a massive institution, with several campuses located in different parts of Toronto, offering programs ranging from culinary arts to music production. I was impressed by how big the college was and the range of resources available to students.

One of the things that struck me about Humber College was how welcoming the staff were to us. As international students, we were given a warm welcome and made to feel at home from the moment we arrived. The staff were accommodating, friendly, and always ready to help us with any questions we had. The culinary instructors are knowledgeable and passionate about their craft, and they will hopefully provide us with a wealth of information and practical skills.

One of the highlights of my exchange program so far was meeting new friends from all over the world. There is a huge, diverse group of students from different backgrounds, cultures, and culinary traditions, but we all shared a love for food and cooking. It was exciting to exchange ideas and techniques with my fellow students, and we all now have an opportunity to learn a lot from each other.

As my journey as an exchange student at Humber College in Toronto began, I was excited to explore a new culture, meet new people, and gain culinary knowledge from some of the best chefs in Canada. Humber College is a massive institution, with several campuses located in different parts of Toronto, offering programs ranging from culinary arts to music production. I was impressed by how big the college was and the range of resources available to students.

One of the most thrilling experiences for me was exploring downtown Toronto for the first time. The city has a vibrant and diverse culinary scene, with restaurants, food trucks, and markets offering a range of international cuisines. I was especially excited to try some of the iconic Canadian dishes like poutine, smoked meat sandwiches, and butter tarts. The city is also home to many cultural attractions, like the CN Tower, the Art Gallery of Ontario, and the Royal Ontario Museum, which provided us with opportunities to learn more about Canada's history and art.

My exchange program at Humber College in Toronto has been an incredible journey so far. I am excited to continue my journey in Canada for the weeks to come, to gain more culinary knowledge and explore more of the Canadian culinary scene. I am also excited about the upcoming trips planned for us by the business faculty, which will allow us to experience different parts of Canada and learn more about the culture and cuisine.

I am looking forward to the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead and excited to see where this journey will take me. I feel that this exchange program will open many doors for me, and I am eager to see where these experiences will take me in my culinary career.


No comments:

Post a Comment