Sunday 4 December 2022

My last days in Barcelona

 Last Days In Barcelona

This is Panos again from Barcelona. December has just arrived and the city is fully decorated with Christmas lights. The streets are busy and the city is as lively and festive as ever. The weather remains pleasant and people are still sitting outside enjoying their coffee and tapas. 

My study placement has almost come to an end. It is hard to believe how fast the time flew by. It feels like I arrived here yesterday. I had an amazing time in Barcelona. It is a fabulous place. It doesn´t matter what part of the city you are at, there is always something interesting and worth seeing nearby.  

The international placement is truly a once in a lifetime experience and I am already looking forward to my work placement.  I explored a big part of the Catalonian region and discovered a lot about the local food scene. Catalonia has a lot of bakeries and pastry shops. The ones who like pastry will definitely love Catalonia. I was lucky enough I was able to taste some of the best desserts/pastries in the country. From Hoffman´s pastry shop to Canal´s award winning croissants and Jordi Roca´s most famous ice-creams. I feel I have learned a lot just from sampling the work of some of the best chefs in their field. I am going to miss Catalonia but I hope to come back some time in the future.  I am excited to be moving forward and can´t wait for the fourth and final year of my degree.


No comments:

Post a Comment