Wednesday 7 December 2022

NUMA Portimão, Portugal - Part 3

Hi Everyone,

Well, here it is the last entry. A lot of things have happened. First of all, we have started to implement a completely new menu, meaning new desserts to make.

During the last 2 months I've been working hard doing some tests for the new desserts, seeing what works what doesn´t. I´ve enjoyed the process. It was long but very giving. We finally finished the new menu. I´m very proud of what we came out with.

The platings are so different, creative and crazy honestly. It was a good journey these past months. I've learned more about food, flavours and team work while being in numa. I've met very nice customers, great chefs and worked with a great and fun team.

I will miss everything from Numa but they are a great restaurant and it will be a great place for students that want to do pastry or hot kitchen the flavours work great together and the dishes are made with seasonal produce.




While doing these deserts I´ve learned new skills and recipies. 
This dessert has chocolate textures, pomgrenate textures and almond textures, with a brandy mousse.It uses milk, dark and white chocolate.


This is a very strange recipe but the flavours work really well together. It is a honey liquor and Parma ham pudding with caramel, cinnamon crumble, tangerine foam, honey liquor gel, fig sorbet and some dehydrated Parma ham as garnish, also some basil oil.


This one has a very abstract plating format. This is profiteroles, filled with peanut pastry cream, caramel, Caquelin, lime foam, raspberry gel, peanut praline and garnished with powdered sugar.

This recipe was inspired by the chef’s childhood meals of mashed banana, orange and biscuits. This is an orange tort, orange cream, caramelized orange gel, biscuit crumble, banana ice cream, banana crispy and apricot. This is a very sweet dessert but still very nice.



These were the last dishes that I made for my last week, I've done lots of things like pickling, fermenting, making brioche, bread, desserts, cakes, gels, coverts, starters, I also helped the cleaning woman with cleaning and putting the plates and pans in their place. I met great people and learned a lot from them and their cultures and I've enjoyed it all!


Thank you for reading!

Signing Off,

 Bruno Silva

No comments:

Post a Comment