Tuesday 26 October 2021

my journey so far in Coleraine

 Hello,

My name is Joan Quigley and I am up in Northern Ireland. I am a level 8 Culinary Arts student from Waterford Institute of Technology. I am doing my study semester here at the University of Ulster from September to December.😃

The University of Ulster is amazing it is located in Northern Ireland. There are four local campuses that are in Belfast, Coleraine, Jordanstown and Magee.

I would count it as a very much relaxed and easy-going campus with a lot of outdoor places to go and it is also very close to the North Coast. The town would be known as a seaside town because it is very close to Portrush and Portstewart and also, it is close to the famous Giant’s Causeway. Portrush is a lovely place to go; I would spend most of my time there. With looking out at the lovely beach. I have gone swimming out there a lot more than I would usually and especially in this weather. There is so much Greenland to go walk around. It is amazing to see the beautiful forest trees they have and all the windmills they have on the campus. It is also nice in the evening to go for walks around the campus.


The accommodation I am staying at is owned by a place called North Coast and I am staying with three other friends. We decided not to go with the on-campus student accommodation because we found a nice place to stay that is just opposite the campus and it is only a 5-minute walk. It is very different from what I am used to because I always had a one-hour journey into college every morning. From where I am staying it is only a 25-minute walk into the town so it is a good walk but it is nice and I have gotten used to it now.

The local transport is so much better up here in Coleraine. They have trains, buses and taxis from where I am living there is a train station right outside at the back of our house and the bus stop outside is as well. The modules I'm doing they're very exciting and I'm learning so much more than I thought would Getting to look at a different perspective of your kitchen with developing the product is sometimes different from what I'm used to, but I am really enjoying it so far. 😁






Hope you enjoyed listening to what I have done so far. 😄

Thanks
Joan Quigley 

No comments:

Post a Comment