Tuesday 31 October 2023

Greetings from Toronto!

Greetings from Toronto! The time here really flies by quick I’ve already been here for 2 months, and it is feeling like a few weeks. I’ve gotten to see some much here as there is always something to explore in Toronto. Although travelling by myself was a little bit tough I am so grateful I did take the leap. Canada is quite a beautiful country and I’m so happy I just got to explore this small part. Due to living in Etobicoke. There isn’t much of a social scene so for any activities I would travel more closer to Toronto, for example I have gotten to see Ice Hockey and Basketball, which I loved.
It’s incredible learning new things about this area because you would never come across it back home. While traveling alone was dauting I was amazed by the kindness of Canadians, I knew traveling out here they were very caring people, but I suppose you don’t believe it until you see it, my classmates were so welcoming and were always interested to learn about Ireland and how it can differ too here. With the course at Humber, I do have quite a lot of down time as I only have 4 classes a week with them being 3-4 hours long and not many assignments either due. I have a small amount of work due but not as many assignments like SETU, as this course is more focused on the practical side of cooking and our course back home being 2 years longer has the opportunity to have a widespread learning base. I definitely find I am learning more and more out here as I’m viewing culinary arts through a new light, while some work is a bit repetitive, I don’t mind the practice. I have attached some photos of just a glimpse of Toronto, as there is so much going on in this city you are never bored. Especially for all the foodies which I know a lot of us are Toronto is home to one of the best food markets, called St. Lawerence market you can find everything in here, from fresh meat and fish to the largest selection of cheeses.
I have come across there truly is something for everyone here. If you are considering travelling to Canada either alone or with someone else, I would warn you when it gets cold here it gets colder, I may have been fooled by the last of the summer heat in august and early September but now it is nearly November the temperatures do drop…A LOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment