Thursday 20 April 2023

Time is flying by in Barcelona!

This has been a journey for me in every aspect. I have learned a lot while studying here in Barcelona. I got the opportunity to visit different historical sites and join in different celebrations.

I took this picture on my walks and at first I didn’t know what it was but then I saw it in the different angle, and I figured out that it is a matchbox with a lit up matchstick. Barcelona is famous for having these structures around the city. It makes every turn much more interesting. 

In the middle week I have been able to improve in my Spanish language. I can speak a bit fluently. I rented a room in an apartment owned by this lady that only speaks Spanish, so it has been a struggle, but she is very understanding and helps me with the pronunciation. At first it was hard to deal with the classes because I needed to get used the system they had and getting used to the grading system. I was struggling with some subjects, but I was able to improve on them. It was a bit of a struggle with back-to-back assignments almost every week. I have learned to manage my time better due to this. I have learned the streets a bit better as in when I walk around I am able to identify where I am and what places I can go.
During the Easter break my mom came to Barcelona to visit me. I was so happy to see her. It was the first time that my mum has visited Barcelona, so I was excited to show her around. I did the most I could with the short period of time I had with her because she was only visiting for 4 days. We took a bus tour around Barcelona seeing the sites, I showed her around the shopping districts, I also took her to some restaurants to try the tapas here. 

I take daily walks around the city and the area where my accommodation is located. The time has flown so quickly, I feel like I haven’t been in Barcelona long enough, but I do miss Ireland a bit and hanging out with my friends and family. I have learned so many dishes from different countries and the techniques used for them. I have learned how to make Greek, Italian, French, Nordic, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Moroccan, Mexican, South East Asian, Middle Eastern and Peruvian Cuisines. All different but some have some similarities.
   
Here are some of the dishes that me and my group made that are from the Middle East. It consists of hummus, Baba ghanoush, falafel, pita bread, Kibbe and Kataifi. 

The exam period is almost here. I only have six exams to worry about and they are separated into 2-week periods my last exam is on the 19th of May and my first is on the 8th of May. This semester had been fun and interesting. I meet new students from different countries, and I learned new skills to improve myself. I made friends with local students and international students. In all I had fun, and I enjoyed the whole

No comments:

Post a Comment