Thursday 8 September 2022

La Pyramide 2

 La Pyramide 2

With a few weeks under my belt, I can gladly say that my French has much improved, and

my fear of sinking under the pressure has disappeared. The pastry team has gone from 5 to 8

in a very short amount of time. Two members of our team work in the bistro ‘PH3’, and those

of us on the team for the gastro restaurant welcomed a couple of other interns. I never

thought there would be this many people on the pastry section, but given that there is a lunch

and dinner service every day, it’s given us a break in terms of hours, making everything run

much more smoothly.


The menu changes regularly here, and a new dessert is usually introduced during one of the

special lunches or dinners with special guests. Never forgetting the impressive history of ‘La

Pyramide’, a dessert named ‘La Marjolaine’ has returned to the menu. Originally created by

the great, chef Fernand Point, during his time as head chef and owner of ‘La Pyramide’

during the 1950’s, it was extremely exciting to see its return, and the modern twist it was

given by the head pastry chefs here.


While I’ve spent a lot of my spare time in the city, I’ve had no issue finding entertainment in

Vienne. For such a small town, there is so much to see. The place is littered with bakeries,

chocolate shops, gorgeous parks, and plenty of landmarks to visit. To top this off, there was a

carnival-style festival for a week. Not a 10 minute walk from my apartment there were

amusements, games, and food trucks down by the river. The festival is completely fitting for

this town, seemingly understated, but offering so much when a closer look is taken.


Catch you guys in the farewell post! Erika.



No comments:

Post a Comment