Monday 4 April 2022

Copenhagen, welcome to the Nordics!

 Hello guys! Grace here again, speaking from Copenhagen. In my last post I spoke about Noma, the reason why I came here. But, I don't think it would be fair to come to Copenhagen and not speak about the city and everything it offers! Its by far one of the most beautiful places I've lived in. 

For me, (sounds biased coming from a chef) COPENHAGEN = FOOD. 




The food culture here is like no other that I have ever encountered. Theres food markets everywhere, with a variety of ingredients that is truly amazing! The flavour combinations that the Danish culture boasts of is unreal! Ferments and pickled ingredients are most certainly a staple here. Everything tastes to fresh! 
If you are ever in Copenhagen, places I would recommend to eat are at:
Reffen food market, Lille Bakery, Alice coffee shop, Jagger, Gasoline Grill, POPL burger....the list goes on.
With the food culture comes the people. I've felt very welcomed since the start here in Copenhagen. With people being extremely open and welcoming since day 1.

 

Theres always something to do in this city, wether its site seeing, swimming, going to the beach, to parks, to clubs/pubs, restaurants, even skiing! The nightlife here is unbelievable! Everything opens until very late and the environment is so nice. You have a wide variety of things to choose from like techno clips, latin clubs, pubs, etc. It is very fun.
It's great to be able to do my work placement in a city like this. I think it's so so so important to have a healthy life-work balance. Not everything is about Noma. Its important to be open to people, opportunities, and life! Theres so much to offer in Copenhagen and Im here for it. 
Talk soon!

-Grace





No comments:

Post a Comment