Saturday 4 March 2023

Studying in Barcelona!

Outside the university
Welcome to my blog. My name is Bruno Silva. I’m in year 3 of the Bachelor (Honours) in Culinary Arts. On My second semester I’ll be studying abroad. I chose to study in Barcelona, Spain.

At first, I was nervous coming to Spain. I never been to Spain and with the Erasmus I got the chance to visit, live and study in Spain.

It was confusing at first, when I left the airport I didn’t know where to turn to, what transport to take or where to go. After a while I discovered where to go. The mobile phone is a great device when trying to locate the right transport.

Bento box - best Japanese food ever!

In all honesty, I didn’t know how to speak Spanish, I never learned how to. It was a bit of a challenge for me at the beginning. It didn’t help that the women that I rented a room from didn’t know any English. In a way I started to learn Spanish with her. I cheat a little by using my first language which is Portuguese. The languages are similar but different.

I arrived in Barcelona a few days early, I went a little bit of sightseeing and also went to learn a bit about the public transport here. I found out that the metro is the easiest and quickest mode of transport near me.

It was easy to locate the campus because the entrance is right outside the metro stop.

 

La Sagrada Familia


Well that will be it for my first blog entry, I can’t wait what I’ll be doing for this year and all the new dishes that I’ll learn while living in Barcelona.

Write again soon,

Bruno Silva




No comments:

Post a Comment