Tuesday 14 December 2021

The Craic in Coleraine 💫

 Hi lads, its been a while since I last wrote and oh my god so much has happened since then. Our student life in Ulster University has unfortunately come to an end, and with so many memories to take home. The course work involved picked up a lot since my last post. We finished our food product development project and ended with a final product to bring and present to the industry heads in a slightly nerve wracking PowerPoint presentation. We finished our Sensory Analysis Project along with carrying out our own analysis tests on our products and analyzing the data we received for our report . We also got the fantastic opportunity to work with a fabulous company called Chef in a Box developing healthier versions of their ready made meals designed for the elderly. I was on the mission of developing a vegetarian and vegan curry, which I was quite happy with the end result. 



We said goodbye to some fabulous friends that we lived with who were also Erasmus students from Switzerland and Germany, along with plenty of day trips to Derry for that ever so needed Penney's haul. They also have a huge O'Neill's that sell cheap jerseys (I got a Wexford one for £20) and would also highly recommend the Gate Bar and Bistro for some lunch and some fab cocktails. 


I also represented the University in Tetrathlon, which is a sport consisting of horse riding, shooting, swimming and running. It was an absolute blast meeting so many people from different colleges and universities across the country and will definitely be going back next year representing WIT. With a sports membership to the university you also get access to the gym on campus so that's also a win.


Several trips to Belfast have been involved aswell, going go see Jax Jones live in Limelight and the Belfast Christmas markets were highlights, along with some great spots for shopping. 

Overall,  I really enjoyed my experience in Coleraine. I made some really good memories with some fabulous people that I will remember for the rest of my days. Here's to even more memories as I plan to do my placement in the Ramore Complex down the road in Portrush so Coleraine isn't getting rid of me yet!



No comments:

Post a Comment